Sunday, November 4, 2007

Happy 23 to Me!

Who knew that when I began this blog as a way to record the things I experience in Poland that I would be entering a post about spending my birthday in London? (You don't have to answer; that was a rhetorical question.)

To begin at the beginning, I have a crazy Hungarian friend. The word "crazy" needs to be enphasized many times, but Tamas -as is his name- is turning into one of my dearest friends in Poland. One thing I can always count on Tomi for is for giving into the impulses of Ryan Air. It was maybe three weeks ago that Tomi had the idea to go to London this weekend. Of course I said I would go with him. (Some of you reading this might be able to understand my real motivation.) The day before our departure, the two of us booked another flight to Madrid in February... The point is, I am here in England with him, meeting his sister and staying with his friends.

On the one hand, our weekend has been filled with the traditional "must-sees" of London's top sights. On the other hand, In conversations with all of Tomi's friends, it has been a really interesting look at contemporary immigrant life. I am learning a little bit of Hungarian as an added bonus. :)

As soon as I get back to Krakow I will upload some pictures of the highlights of this mini vacation. The list to include: a nighttime view from the London Eye, uncharacteristically gorgeous November weather, Tom being crazy, AND (my all-time favorite) Charles Dickens' commode.

3 comments:

annie... said...

I can't wait for the pictures! Welcome back to our time zone!!

Christopher Ornelas said...

A hungarian boy named Tomas? que sexi. ¡no puedo esperar para los fotos tampoco! I hope you´re doing well. I just stumbled on to your blog and everything sounds very exciting. Happy belated birthday. I hope you had an awesome time in london.

un beso enorme,
Chris

Topher said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! God speed the journey in London! Did you see the Queen? I saw the Queen. Shes awesome. Tell her I say hi.

I'm so happy for you and your eastern european journey - try to make in to Prague, if time allows ;).

Miss you!