Monday, January 21, 2008

Ambition

Here is my new project: to run in the Półmaraton Warszawski (Warsaw Halfmarathon) on March 30. I've always wanted to do something like this, but I know that part of the reason I am so looking forward to going to Warsaw is that, if I finish, it will mean to me that I have in effect, "conquered" Poland. Not in political terms or anything, but rather this race is representative of all of the frustration I have felt while being in Poland, and by doing this I feel like I can overcome all those barriers. Anyway... that might be a little too philosophical for a 13-mile run. And if nothing else happens, at least I'll have my free t-shirt.


Check me out here. As of three days ago, I was one of only 3 registered Americans.

2 comments:

Tamina listening said...

Do it, Sarah! Conquer, conquer! I believe in you. It'd be like translation in action...kudos on the translation piece, btw. Sorry I haven't checked in in awhile. I still love you; we should talk soon.

World crossing high fives!

annie... said...

You go Girl! Do it!!! Then you and Andrew can swap stories!!