Monday, January 21, 2008

Coś jeszcze...?

NOTE: It proves I am learning something when I start to title my posts in Polish - haha.

I don't want to try to explain all that has happened since the last time I made a comprehensive post, so here is just a "highlights" reel, a veritable, visual "Best of."

PRAHA



KRAKÓW


WIEN



"Wilst du mit mir tanzen?"

Vienna probably deserves it's own entry because there is where I began my new year; it would just seems fitting. The truth is I am too lazy and I am rushing off to a Polish history exam in a few minutes, but that is beside the point. What I want to emphasize is this last picture. I took it at a milonga in Vienna after I had taken a brief lesson. (Just as a piece of advice, I don't recommend trying to get instruction in something you are already not so good at in a language you don't speak at all, like, for example, taking a tango lesson in German...) What I realized by the end of the night, that after numerous attempts at small talk with various partners, my life is too complicated to explain in the space of a pause between songs - who I am, where I'm from, why I'm in Poland, etc. While it might be difficult to understand sometimes, even for myself, I kind of like that I am almost excessively complex.

1 comment:

RHH said...

"excessively complex..."

That's beautiful.